We are pleased to invite you to apply as a Capital District Delegate for the 32nd Angelo Del Toro Puerto Rican/Hispanic Youth Leadership Institute (PR/HYLI). New York State Assemblyman Del Toro, who was of Puerto Rican descent, said to students in 1991 that the most promising future leaders are students like you who “can influence how the government and how society goes on, and that is very important.”
Students who are accepted to the Institute attend training sessions in the Capital Region from December to March to learn about leadership and the legislative process in New York State. These sessions culminate in a weekend Institute from March 12-13, 2022. Seniors have an opportunity to submit an essay for a scholarship and the winners are announced during the Student Recognition and Scholarship Awards. Students who attend PR/HYLI are eligible to earn points towards the Seal of Biliteracy.
We hope that you will consider applying. This is an opportunity of a lifetime. Only you can make the decisions that will shape your life. Come and join us!
The Capital District PR/HYLI Team
- Due Date: DECEMBER 10, 2021
- Checklist of required documents for completed application
- Complete Angelo Del Toro Puerto Rican/Hispanic Youth Leadership Institute 2022 Form
- With form include:
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation completed by teachers, guidance counselors or community agency staff in signed sealed envelopes.
- Resume (see examples)
- Writing Sample
- Send in an official transcript from the high school as of the 1st quarter of 2021-2022 school year to this address or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
PRHYLI: Capital District RBERN / PRHYLI Questar III BOCES
10 Empire State Boulevard
Castleton, NY 12033
Samples Resumes and Templates
For additional information and questions, please call or e-mail Sandy Strock, Resource Specialist, at 518-410-4013 or email@example.com.