Special Education Considerations for ELLs – Independent Book Study
Get a head start on your summer professional development and tailor your learning to your needs! We are hosting a self-guided, asynchronous book study with flexible reading selections and CTLE credits.
Here is how it works: You sign up on MLP before the deadline: June 1. We mail you your book to begin your independent book study, which runs for the duration of the summer (June 15-Aug 31).
PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NO SYNCHRONOUS MEETING – THE DATE AND TIME LISTED ARE A PLACEHOLDER ONLY!
– You use the chapter-specific question to guide your reading responses to the chapters of your choice, in the order you select, any time during the book study window.
– One hour of CTLE credit will be provided for each chapter once your Google form assignments are submitted and reviewed. That’s it! You decide when, what, and how much to read. We provide the books and the CTLE credits, as well as additional guidance and individualized follow-up on request.
- A Framework for Considering the Special Needs of English Language Learners
- A Collaborative Model of Information Gathering and Service Provision
- Describing Before Diagnosing: Observation of Specific Behaviors that ELLs May Exhibit
- Delivering a Continuum of Services
- The Learning Environment Created for ELLs
- Personal and Family Factors
- Physical and Psychological Factors
- Previous Schooling Factors
- Oral Language and Literacy Development
- Academic Achievement
- Cross-Cultural Factors
- Putting It All Together: How Do We Know That What We Are Doing Works?